Sometimes when the geeks gather in G+ hangouts and screenshare their desires, beautiful cabinet designs from the 70’s emerge and I daydream about modding one out, yet leaving vinyl as center stage.
Virus Slayer on You Tube
Tim’s Computer Fix
AFTER THIS BEAUTIFUL POST ABOUT A NEW TECH SHOW THAT HAD ME IN A RANT …
I WAS LABELED A TROLL FOR HAVING AN OPINION and apparently TWITTER AT THE SAME TIME
Allow me to offer my side of the story in list view
- The demographic for this tech podcast falls within PC-Technician level of ability.
- Topic of the show: Optimization
- First Utility Introduced? 3rd Party Defrag Tool .. and two more were mentioned.
Why is this suggestion a bit off?
Any technician in the field knows that you have to provide *visible* speed results in the most efficient amount of time in order to monetize your craft. They started with defrag (that is AUTOMATICALLY DONE BY DEFAULT IN WINDOWS) and I would have started with cleaning up the Windows start up menu, thus, making Windows VISIBLY boot faster where a defrag might have gotten a mention in the show notes.
- By the end of the show, my tool of choice for the last 10 years was mentioned by Ray!
WinPatrol is free and allows you to both clean and maintain programs that start with Windows.
- Hours long G+ hangout ensued thereafter.
- Defrag discussion then led to other tech topics. Ended well.
- Next morning YT Star / PhotoShop dabbler Brian Walker
posts his latest gem to me via G+
- I had two immediate responses: Laugh and share!
- This old photo tells me I made it to Brian’s hard drive
at least 6 months ago.
- Share to facebook because that reward was CLASSIC!
- Somewhere in the 20-something G+ comments I start to learn I ACTUALLY HURT FEELINGS.
- Further Proof
: syntax is lost in text. All apologies.
- Decided they were big enough to understand the internet and posted a snarky:
- IMHO podcasts are supposed to be a jumping point for conversation
- They offer a LIVE chat AND a VoiceMail number for feedback.
- It wasn’t until I pulled all this together .. that I saw a different perspective.
MY DAMNING FLAMING TWEETS
Lost In Translation