1. My name is Barbra. Like Streisand.
I used to loathe it. Now I flaunt it.
2. I am named after my grandmothers. My mother told me to be thankful because if she named me by what they actually went by, my name would be Bertha Maude!
3. I am the middle child of two brothers. All three of us siblings have had stitches in the same eyebrow for different reasons.
4. I was a starting pitcher in an All-Star game.
5. In school I was mostly known as “Piriczky’s Sister”
6. I am a known chronic under achiever.
7. I have always kept a journal. The hand written ones are long lost. But, if I write it down, I remember it. I thought this would help me never forget what it feels like to be a child - so I could be a better parent.
8. Long before facebook, I made it a point to keep up with the first boy I ever kissed. He lets me.
9. I have many different music boxes because every year since I was born, my maternal grandmother gave me a music box as a legacy. After she passed, my mother took over the tradition. Then everyone started buying me one!
10. Life changing moment:
While in Catholic primary school, Sister-Mary-Rosann-Rosanna-Danna grabbed me from under the elbow during gym class and called my scrawny wiggling upper arm a “chicken wing” when I was unable to make a regulation foul shot at the age of eight. I spent many years in the gym to reach my childhood dream of being stronger than a man when I grew up.
11. I have a paper fetish and line preference. College ruled. Blue inked pens only, please. I supply my workplace with them.
12. I’ve had an online presence since 2000. I know the hex of my favorite color: D2691E. So I know HTML and CSS and all kinds of web building wizardry.
13. I am agnostic. There. I said it. It feels like coming out.
14. Best fatherly advice [around age ten]: “Learn to speak intelligently. Otherwise, no one will take you seriously.” [His response to how I was to get ahead in life, even with these looks.]
15: Best motherly advice: “Shit or get off the pot.” [On whether or not to marry D because she regretted that we were not yet married.]
16. I very rarely [sadly] listen to music. I prefer podcasts or (if I have to) MSM AM talk radio. I’m always gathering information.
17. My Most Famous Customers:
red hot chili peppers axl rose (when he was cool) lenny kravitz richard simmons michael keaton molly ringwald david lee roth bruce springsteen john goodman sherman hemsley robert downey jr (when he wasn’t cool) jami gertz kenny g michael j jackson john hughes taylor dane and more i am sure
18. My birthmark is on my right foot between my toes. Right before the last little toe.
*As an old school blogger this used to be called 100 Things About Me
Additional information on mouseovers so get off your damn phone.